DoS or DDoS refers to denial-of-service or distributed denial of service attack respectively. The attack disables a computer resource to be unavailable to its potential users. The anonymous DDoS attacks result from the limited effort of certain website personnel to make a website unavailable or non-functional completely or partially for a definite time period or permanently. The DDoS attacks however can be multi-faceted mounting to its various types, motive or means to carry out the attack.
The targeted sites for launching such attacks by the perpetrators are mostly the high profile sites hosted by web servers of banks, commercial organizations, gateways to pay credit card bills etc. The root name server also is functional in this case. The term is mostly applicable for computer networks, however that do not restricts the field of DDoS, the CPU resource management also comes under its circumference
How can it be done?
Saturating target servers or machines with a series of requests from the external communications so much that responding to the legitimate traffic becomes a hindrance. Sometimes responding to the traffic becomes so slow that one can assume that the service is almost unavailable.
- This attack on such servers will result into server overloading. To stop DDoS attack, the computer user is forced to rest the settings.
- The anonymous DDoS attack can also consume the resources such that the communication media is barred and the intended service between the users is not longer functional.
- Protection to this is even possible. The protection is a kind of system in which the attacks get filtered to stop DDoS attack.
- The DDoS protection is provided keeping in mind the foundation of service offerings. A defense mechanism capable of diagnosing service DDoS attacks and denials does the work.
- This would cost billions of dollars of loss to a business or enterprise every year; however with the interference of DDoS, the loss in revenues can be easily recovered.
What are the benefits?
Whether the user or server wants to take preventable measures launched against anonymous DDoS attack at the network of the company or towards immediate assistance towards an existing form of attack imposed on the enterprise website by some DDoS attack is well served. A team solved the problem and provides round the clock assistance to stop DDoS attack.
This is done by placing the website behind the shield of the DDoS attack. This will definitely provide an end to the service attacks or stop DDoS attack that has proved to be a downturn for the customers of an enterprise that is facing the onslaught of the attack. Connecting to Tier-1 internet providers can also help towards forging the DDoS attacks. With the DDoS protection mechanism, one can stop DDoS attack mounting from even anonymous DDOs attack. Protection will be provided against attacks even multiple gigabytes in size.
One need not buy any hardware to protect its website against DDoS attacks. To stop them, the user needs to do a few easy changes in the DNS record of the website. The DDoS protection providing service provider will do the rest.